Pages


Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Quit!


What a beautiful feeling, a sense of freedom!

No that that it's done; I can concentrate on the future!

Remember that post a little more than a year ago about how I was going to take control of my life again and seek out things that made me happy and fulfilled? Click(Here).

Well, today was the first big step. I owed it to myself to move on… I had been reassessing the situation for months and always came to the same conclusion; this job is making me miserable… I tried, I did, really. But even with all the prayers I made and the effort I made to try to appreciate this job, I was still feeling very unhappy.



I got a call on Monday saying that the job I interviewed for  a month ago was mine if I still wanted it and by the end of yesterday, I had made up my mind and I felt so relieved. Moreover, my Other Half has been a 150% behind me and I’m so thankful to him for that.


The great news is that this new job is really a great opportunity, and after my 6 weeks’ notice at my current job, I’ll still have a month and a half of well deserve break before starting at my new job. I’m glad I won’t have to start pulling my hair out trying to make a decision.

I’m planning on celebrating by drinking copious amounts of wine while Other Half will just watch me go a bit neurotic…
And of course, this would not be a real celebration I did not treat myself with  a nice pair of shoes, bags, and clothes (what?! A girl needs to look perfect in this crazy corporate world I’ll be entering!)…because that’s just how I roll, YO!




No comments:

Post a Comment