Pages


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Conversation...

Me: Arthur, I want you to always stay little.

Arthur: No, I can't stay little. I have to turn 6 years old on my birthday.

Me: I know you'll be 6 but I want to slow down time so you'll always be my baby. It's a Mommy thing.

Arthur: But I'm not a baby. I'm a little boy. It's a boy thing.

Me: But when you get older, I hope you'll still want me around. I hope you'll still let me hug and kiss you all the time. Sometimes when little children get older, they prefer to hang out with their friends than their parents.

Arthur: Don't worry, Mommy. You can hug and kiss me all the time, even when I'm a big boy. And I'll tell my friends they have to like you because you make great hot-dogs and you make the best roast chicken ever. And sometimes you sing but I'll tell them they have to like you anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment