Pages


Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I have said it many times, I love my life and there isn’t a day where I don’t feel blessed…

I owe my Other Half big time. I don't say it often enough but my Other Half goes above and beyond when it comes to helping me with the kids.

Sure, every time he runs off to work, there is a little skip in his step, as he anticipates to listening to what he darn wants on his car stereo in peace and quiet as he sits in rush hour traffic.

But when he comes home, literally from the minute he pulls up in the driveway, I do the hand off..."Yeah, Daddy's home! Mommy's off the clock!"

Some dads need a cool-down moment when they get home from work but Other Half knows that even if he demanded it, the kids would not give it to him.

He welcomes them with open arms, greeting them at the door with "Hey guys, I see you managed to keep your mother sane for another day!"

After dinner, on most nights, he'll rush them upstairs so I can either wash the dishes without 4 little hands clawing at me or sit down at the table and zone out on my laptop.

The song below did touch my heart because, it reminded me that reason I feel complete is because I accomplished one of my biggest wish: having a family of my own.

I am so grateful to my Other Half for sticking with me through the years… Not only is he a wonderful husband but he is also the one who made my life complete by giving me 2 beautiful children…


 

I tried to live this life on my own
But emptiness was beating down the door
Yea I rose up like a flood
Until my dying days were done
They are no more
Nothing makes sense without you
It's like waking up in the dark
I didn't have a song
Until you came along

Falling in love with you was easy
You were always mean to have my heart
I was broken all to pieces
You were there to be the missing part
And I never wanna go back
To the way things were before
You saved me and you made me yours

Happy Father’s day Oli, the kids and I love you more than words can say…

No comments:

Post a Comment