Pages


Friday, November 4, 2011

Brighter days are finally ahead…

Some of you may have noticed that I’ve been MIA (aka Missing in Action) lately. The reason for this is that My Dear Brother had caught a very serious case of pneumonia and has been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks and for the 2 first ones the doctors had to induced an artificial coma to help him breath as he could not do it on his own anymore.

Suffice to say, I was scared and worried sick so all I could do was to try to keep myself sane and not go into desperate mode all that time. All I could do is visit him twice a day for an hour and keep on praying that the Lord would hear me and give my Dear Brother back to me… The doctors wear really not positive about the outcomes and they were really surprised of how fast My Dear Brother recovered. I’ll  hang on to my Faith and firmly believe that My Dear Brother’s strength to fight on his illness even if he was in a coma and the power of all our closes’ ones prayers has helped his speedy recovery.
I am so grateful to have him back. It is the worst feeling to see the one who always had your back be in such bad shape, lying in a bed with a tube in his mouth and feeling powerless against all the situation… Thinking about it just now just brings back the tears in my eyes and would never wish this situation even to my worst enemy…
So to you My Dear Brother:  I love you so much and I can’t wait for you to get out of the hospital… I know you are complaining that you want to go home but honestly I would rather see  you stay at the hospital  as much days as the doctors think necessary than to see you again in such horrible state.
Don’t forget the promise we made to each other when we were younger: that when your Better Half and my Other Half would grow tired of us and leave us, we would live together like old hags in a house and laugh together of all the joyful and crazy memories we would have had together back in the old days…
You like scaring me but this one was no fun, no one could comfort me from the sadness and loneliness I felt while you were asleep, not the kids, not my husband, not mom and dad. I will always need you…  I turned to God and He kept me going but the sound of you voice when you woke up was the best gift you gave me and your niece for her birthday…
So for those of you who have no clue about who is this Dear Brother I am talking about, hereunder is a repost from last March…
***


Sometimes we look in all the wrong places and to all the wrong people to get the support we need. It's taken me a while to learn that friendship can be found closer than you think, even in your own home. Growing up, I realized quiet fast that I had a great friend in my brother. Besides the biological connection we share, there's the common ground and shared history that has kept my brother and me bonded.
There is nothing in this world that I would not do for him. I trust him with everything I have, and everything I am. I believe that he know this... and that he has known this for a long time.
We had—and still have—a strong bond. My pain or heartache never needed a context or an explanation. That is a feeling I experience so rarely in my life these days—feeling completely understood without even speaking. More often than not, my path feels lonely. But I've realized that discovering my own aloneness is even more of a reason to cherish a sibling I can relate to and confide in. Sometimes that is all one has, and it can be a most precious and enduring resource.
He has always been such a wonderful protective and supportive person to me... He has been with me and been there for me all through the years. He was there for me when I fell in love, in pain, in confusion. He has more faith in me than I have ever had in myself... and I am endlessly grateful for that. He has provided me with an anchor of support, if not always sanity.

I count myself among the luckiest souls in the universe for having him in my life.

Dear Brother (9 years old) and me (2 years old)

Him and I during our first trip to the US

Us now... Still kids at heart...

Thank you KUYA for being here for me.
I have loved that over the years, you were always the person I could turn to. I felt I was able to talk and share anything with you, we are that close. And that has meant the world to me. I can only pray that my kids will be able to experience the same bond that you and I have, knowing that no matter what, they will always have each other… Often, we pretend to bicker but the truth is that I am glad that you are never far away…

I LOVE YOU! YOU OLD HAG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment