Pages


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A song for my Daughter…

...My Wish by Rascal Flatts.

Have you heard it before?

Let me sing it to you in my most beautiful voice (just kidding)...


I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow

And each road leads you where you want to go

And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose

I hope you choose the one that means the most to you

And if one door opens to another door closed

I hope you keep on walking ‘til you find the window

If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile

But more than anything, more than anything

My wish for you

Is that this life becomes all that you want it to

Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small

You never need to carry more than you can hold

This song really warms my heart...



I was watching a video of my cousin getting married and how she looked so in love, I also saw my Uncle and Auntie being so proud of her, thanking the Lord for blessing her with this beautiful life ahead… Then I thought of my beautiful life as well, and as I was sitting next to my Other Half in bed, I told him that I hoped that our Lord would grant our children the same beautiful life as we have and even more…

When I sit back and think about THE WISHES I've had for MYSELF, I realize how relative they are now that I am a mommy.My wishes for ME have become my wishes for HER:

LOVE Jesus

A healthy and beautiful life

Go to the best schools

Make good friends

Make good choices

Respect

Work Hard

Find your passion

Go off to college

Be successful

Get Married

Have a family

I know as a her Mom, it is my job to create her road map, her foundation.
I am responsible for paving her way… Let's hope that I'm not doing too much of a bad job...


No comments:

Post a Comment