Pages


Monday, May 30, 2011

My kind of luck is the type that....

 ...  has Morgane pooping at the EXACT moment I'm about to shovel the first bite of a hot and savory food into my mouth (nothing like hearing "Mommy, I need you to wipe my butt" as I'm about to sit down to a nice meal)
...have my kids completely quiet while I'm on hold on the phone BUT as soon as the operator comes on the line and announces, "Thank you for holding....how can I help you?", all hell breaks loose and they need my immediate attention right then and there
… makes me spend 15 minutes making pancakes for the kids and after the first bite, they will claim they like "Dad's pancakes" better (when in fact, these are the same pancakes that just happened to come in a ready-made package, which he microwaves in only a matter of 60 seconds)
...have Other Half and I finally sneaking upstairs for some 101 time (literally) and Morgane happens to have a nightmare at the precise same moment
But my kind of luck is also the type that will have my heart melt, especially when I hear....
... Arthur saying his prayers last night, he included (without anyone suggesting it) my dad, and his siblings who just lost their father 2 weeks ago...
"....and please remember to bring lots of peace and comfort to Lolo and his brother and sisters because their daddy is up in heaven with you now. We don't want them to be sad. Please let them know that he is an angel now and that he's watching over them.
....oh, and thank you for putting love in mommy and daddy’s heart.  And next time you see Jesus, tell him we said hello and that we really tried not to torture our dog today but she keeps on coming back. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment