Pages


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10 Random things about me...

1.       I used to sneak out  of my parent’s place early morning with my dear brother. I was about 4 years old and him 11. We’d go to the toy shop, which was about 15 minutes from home to admire all the cool toys they’d have and run back as fast as we could before my mom and dad would wake up. But Shhh, there is now way my kids will learn this before they are at least 40!

2.       I have 2 tattoos on my back. I got the first one 12 years ago just to piss of my boyfriend. I went into a tattoo shop with my best friend, who was also the guy that could make my boyfriend jealous just by standing next to me. The second one, I got it on Arthur’s first birthday. It was a symbol of rebirth for me, my life had changed in so many ways since he came into my life, I wanted something that would be ours forever… I wanted him to know how special he is to me.

3.         Me playing with the contraction monitoring machine on the night Arthur was born had something to do with him arriving 2 weeks too soon…  I cried like a baby every time the nurse would come in my room and complain about false pain so she would try to convince the doctor to deliver my baby.  It worked :-) Who knew I was such a good actor?

4.        I get drunk with only 1 glass of wine, which my friends think is great because it’s really not expensive for them to take me out for a drink. If it were for a meal, then they would have to save a while in advance.

5.        I studied catering and finished my studies with honors. I could have continued working in the catering business and climb the ladder to become a great chef, but I wanted more out of life. My life is now complete with a beautiful family, a very nice house and a job that pays the bills and let me have some time for myself and the people I love the most.

6.        I’m a Capricorn, which means I’m a perfectionist, I’m moody and emotional. I cry easily but I try not to show it. Perfection is not an option, it’s a MUST! (This can make my life somewhat difficult sometimes, I'm working on not being too hard on myself and others). My birthday is 12 January, so that gives you guys almost a year to buy me a gift: you can never go wrong with bags!

7.        I empty a bottle of anti-bacterial gel in less than a week! I clean my hands, my keys, door knobs, everything with it!

8.        I hear voices! OK, OK, don’t run away. This has been happening for years and me and my other 6 personalities are doing just fine:-) My other half still freaks out sometimes, but he has been more or less got used to it for the last 8 years :-) If ever my other half dies before me (and when the kids will live their own life); he told me that the best thing I could do is to buy cats. Well at least people will think I’m talking to them right? Hum eh… Is that better. I don’t know. Wait! Don’t answer that!

9.        I’m a sleepwalker, I once woke up in my car, engine running and lights on. Maybe that’s why they say women are dangerous behind the wheel?

10.  My first crush was Patrick Swayze when I saw him in Dirty Dancing :-) No one puts Baby in a corner! I have watched that movie a zillion times and still melt like a teenager…

No comments:

Post a Comment