Pages


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What was I thinking ?!?!?

Like the usual shopaholic, I found myself every now and then itching to buy a few things for parties where other half and I have been invited.  The next one is supposed to be "chic", so that was the perfect excuse to go to Zara again :-)
I have been wanting to try a leather dress and I found the perfect shoes to wear with it. I headed to Zara during my lunch break and grabbed several items to try on while I was there. I had very limited time before I had to go back to the office, it was time to play "beat the clock"!
So I scanned the items that I took into the dressing room and settled a time efficiency strategy. I tried a striped navy blue and white top with some dark blue leggings. These were great and a definite "must buy".
I decided to try the leather dress last since it intimidated me for so long… I glanced at it and realized I had grabbed a size small. Because I’m some sort of stubborn shopaholic, I decided to try them any way…Not realizing this dress was made of some sort of skin sucking fabric hand-made by Satan’s slaves themselves!
I struggled to get the dress pass the boob part (Hell! I can hear my dear brother saying: "Really?! Did you inflate them overnight?") I knew I was screwed when I could barely pass the dress over my "almost" flat belly. This dress made me look like an S&M mistress gone wrong! So, so, so wrong… This dress was the equivalent of a girdle on steroids!
I felt like a leathered sharpei, all I need was the collar with spikes on it as an accessory! I managed to get the dress off me, but not without looking like a lobster trying to get out of a boiling pot! I still have super red marks all over my body. The phrase "One must suffer to be beautiful" takes all its meaning in this situation!  But this time, I will not take it in!
I believe the temptation of buying this dress is definitely gone, I had right reasons to be intimidated by it, I learned my lesson but not without suffering!
I did consider buying the dress but just to take pleasure on setting it on fire!

1 comment:

  1. Just a tip: Next time, always have a bottle of baby powder with you before you stubbornly try on a new dress which is 'obviously' too small for you. It may help you slip OUT of the sausage skin a lot faster. Added to that you'll smell as nice as a baby's bum :). Also helps you get to the office back in time :D.

    Your voice of conscience

    ReplyDelete