Pages


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1, breath, and 2, breath, and 3 loose it!

I’m sure I’m not alone in this situation but it’s becoming clear to me that to get anything done in my house, I have to repeat things 3 times.
Take last night for example. Kids are watching TV, it’s time to get in the shower.

"Get in the shower." Wait…patiently.

"Get in the shower!" Notice I am being ignored.

"GET IN THE SHOWER!" (now indignant)

Dinner battle is up next:

"Arthur! Morgane! Dinner time!" (said in nice voice) No response.

"HEY GUYS! DINNER TIME!" (little firmer)

"OK! I’m not going to say it another time!" (losing it)

Here’s where the law of three kicks into neurotic gear.

"I said….TIME FOR DINNER! TIME FOR DINNER! TIME FOR DINNER!!!!!!!!!"

I’m not sure what the kids thought of this because they were afraid to make eye contact with me but other half  took his seat pretty damn fast, I will tell you this much: at least one person is listening to me in this house. Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment