Pages


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Women's Day!

Today marks the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day.
So to all the women out there, young and old, I wish you all a beautiful day….

No one can make you feel inferior
without your consent.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~


Being a Filipina who has the privilege of having a beautiful life, I feel it is my duty to remind people that this is not the case for every woman out there…
 All women should have access to education and healthcare. They should also be safe from violence and abuse…
Many women I know do not have the same privilege that I or my daughter have. Many have to stop studying at a very young age and start working to support their families. Many will have unwanted pregnancies; put their life and their babies’ life and health at risk because of poor access to healthcare. Some women will be abused by their husband or member of their families… We need to stop this!
We need to help each other, raise awareness on these subjects and think about our children if not us…
I want my daughter to be proud of me, she may not approve of everything I will have done in my life, but I want to set an example for her of being proud of whom she is, of being true to herself and always do what she believes in…
I want her to go to school and educate herself so she will be able to pay forward what so many women have done for our generation of women to have a voice…

Source of picture: I Love Being A Girl: This link is dear to my heart, I used to work for IPPFEN (which stand for International Planned Parenthood Federation European Network). There are a few video on this link which are worth watching...

Let's make a difference together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment