Pages


Friday, March 4, 2011

To Quit or Not to Quit...

… That is the question I have now answered!
So I was reading this article, and decided to see if I could tick any of the points he had enumerated:
1. You've recently felt so stressed out at work, that you are turning into an emotional employee.
YES! I won’t hide I’ve been fantasizing in so many ways on how I could tell x and y to “eff” off!
2. Time drags.
I feel so bored at work! This is a huge sign that your career has turned into "just a job".  As I have written in one of my last post I want my work to have some kind of meaning…
3. You get pigeonholed into a few tasks that you do really well at.
This is so true, not much challenge here, and I promise you I have asked a thousand times for some!
4. For one reason or another you've become angry and bitter towards your job, your boss, or a few of your not-so-favorite co-workers (or all of the above).
Hummm.. Won’t say who, but I think I don’t need to…
5. You've had a spat with a co-worker that escalated into more of a fight and the entire office knows.
Me?! Never!!! Oh well, not my fault if this person in question is (*insert bip!!!!*)
6. You're having a difficult time financially.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I know I’m very lucky and that my salary is really very good…But is it worth the hassle? Honestly I don’t believe it… I would rather have a more modest life but be happy… There will be less shopping at Zara, but more happiness in my heart…
7. You've caught whim of a "reorganization"…
It might be happening, but I don’t want to be here to hear about it…
8. Your co-workers are have been acting differently around you.
Yes!!! But in a good way! They only have been sweet and nice… I think some of them have noticed what is really going on and others did not hesitate to tell me that they would understand if I didn’t want to stay…
9. Your boss has been acting differently around you.
I might just say, I have seen his "true" face…
10. You have the gut feeling that you might need to quit for one reason or another.
I've had it since my first day, but I tried to convince myself that it was just me who needed to adapt to a new environment… Now I know I should have listened to myself sooner…

I've had a few phone calls for interviews, so I’ll be busy these coming weeks… It feels great to be considered when I'm sure a lot of people are sending their applications and I really hope the perfect job is just a phone call away…
Prayers are more than welcome J

No comments:

Post a Comment