Pages


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday "My Dear Brother"!!!

Sometimes we look in all the wrong places and to all the wrong people to get the support we need. It's taken me a while to learn that friendship can be found closer than you think, even in your own home. Growing up, I realized quiet fast that I had a great friend in my brother. Besides the biological connection we share, there's the common ground and shared history that has kept my brother and me bonded.
There is nothing in this world that I would not do for him. I trust him with everything I have, and everything I am. I believe that he know this... and that he has known this for a long time.
We had—and still have—a strong bond. My pain or heartache never needed a context or an explanation. That is a feeling I experience so rarely in my life these days—feeling completely understood without even speaking. More often than not, my path feels lonely. But I've realized that discovering my own aloneness is even more of a reason to cherish a sibling I can relate to and confide in. Sometimes that is all one has, and it can be a most precious and enduring resource.
He has always been such a wonderful protective and supportive person to me... He has been with me and been there for me all through the years. He was there for me when I fell in love, in pain, in confusion. He has more faith in me than I have ever had in myself... and I am endlessly grateful for that. He has  provided me with an anchor of support, if not always sanity.

I count myself among the luckiest souls in the universe for having him in my life.

Dear Brother (9 years old) and me (2 years old)

Him and I during our first trip to the US

Us now... Still kids at heart...

Thank you KUYA for being here for me.
I have loved that over the years, you were always the person I could turn to. I felt I was able to talk and share anything with you, we are that close. And that has meant the world to me. I can only pray that my kids will be able to experience the same bond that you and I have, knowing that no matter what, they will always have each other… Often, we pretend to bicker but the truth is that I am glad that you are never far away…

I LOVE YOU! YOU OLD HAG!!!


3 comments:

  1. Old hags are always followed by farts. So shall ye be my farts my whole life. Love you plenty my little fart. Thank you for this beautiful post. What can I say? The first time I laid my eyes on you, my brotherly nature kicked in and said to myself 'For her, I need to be the best brother there is' :D

    Love you always and neverending falala...
    Your 'still absolutely dashing and unbelievably well-kept even at this age' conscience

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a side note and jokes aside, I'm glad I have been able to fulfill my responsabilities towards you as a brother. Be the guide, the conscience and not the one who should dictate what your actions should be in order for you to become who you are.

    Growing up alone eventhough you are surrounded by people, is a story I know too good. Life consists of travels with long and short journeys. Those journeys, especially the hard ones, I never wanted you to experience alone, as I did.

    You have become a woman of your own merits and for that I am proud.

    If God asks me if I'd still want you as a person close to me in my next life, I shall only accept if God includes you into my next coming 'lives' :)

    Love you always,
    Biggo Bro

    ReplyDelete