Pages


Friday, March 25, 2011

Cutting the cord...

Yesterday evening, Other Half and I attended a Parent-Teacher Meeting to discuss the seaside trip that our son and his class are going to take in May.
It will be a 5 days/4 nights’ trip were it will be hell on earth for me… At first I didn’t want to let him go but Other Half is right [insert voice of Other Half saying: Say that Again!!], he needs to go and have this extraordinary experience with all his classmates. This is his last year in kindergarden, so this is the perfect moment to tighten up the bond he has with his little friends…
We got home and I went to his room to kiss him good night. He suddenly looked older but I couldn’t help but think of how it seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.
I know he”ll have wonderful memories for a lifetime but my heart aches just a little bit admitting that he’ll be ok without me…

No comments:

Post a Comment