Pages


Friday, March 11, 2011

Better than candid camera!!!

So this morning, I had to go to an interview for a possible new job…
I was looking really great….cute black dress, beautiful 7cm black heels… I walked from the parking garage to the building where my appointment was thinking: "Today is your day"!  
So  I walked into the skyscraper office building feeling confident, I was sure I had a great pitch to give, and that I was ready to set the world on fire.
I stepped out of the elevator in my super high heels with my "I’m going to nail this" attitude. What I did not know is that my heels and the elevator had some kind of communication on how to totally screw me over because for the first time in my life and it had to be TODAY, my heel got stuck in the crack between the elevator and floor. Not just a little stuck, like REALLY stuck. And I pitched forward like a cookaloo woman. To the outside eye it looked like something from a very bad comedy show.
I took me a moment to find both my shoes that had fallen off at some point. The security guard was still standing directly in front of the elevator with his mouth hanging open when I stood up and walked very cautiously this time, and told him I was fine. I can tell you this much: this man will never look at a pair of heels the same way again.
And because the company for which I had an interview was behind glass doors to the right of where I had my "glorious moment", I did not have time to freshen up…  Three employees, a cackling receptionist were waiting for me. I think they never saw someone being as red as I was…The receptionist was actually on the phone saying: "you won’t believe what I just saw…." and trying to get her laughter in check when I walked in. That really helps a lot before an interview! B[ù?%µ]tch!
My interview went great, I was actually able to ignore the excruciating pain coming from my legs and get through it. Once I got back to my car, I started crying….of laughter. As embarrassing as this was, I’m so glad it happened because I laughed so hard I cried my makeup off. Who knows maybe I’ll get the job, but I swear if I do, the first thing I’ll do is curse the receptionist and wish her an involuntary envy of farting and diarrhea …Me? Vindictive? Never J
The perpertrators:

PS: I received a phone call when I got home, I'm in for the the second and last round of interview... Crossing my fingers and toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment