Pages


Monday, March 14, 2011

I love cooking for my family!

As opposed to this picture, my friends and family will be happy to learn that I have not lost my cooking skills J No worries then!

I love to cook, it’s therapeutic and it also engages my creative side. It’s also the way I found to show my loved ones how much I care about them. I could spend hours reading culinary books and then applying what I have learned in my kitchen while adding my own personal touch.
I have been cooking on my own since about age 12. At 15, I realized I wasn’t cut out to pursue normal studies and decided to change direction and studied catering. I graduated 3 years later and I have never stopped cooking since then…
When other half and I decided to buy our house, my dream finally came true as I could re-design the whole interior. So being a cook, it made sense that one of my favorite rooms to design would be the kitchen.
The approach is really different when you are a cook and love to entertain as opposed to just having the kitchen and the looks but rarely get used.
I really gave a lot of thoughts in designing our kitchen and I’m grateful to my other half for making my dream come true as it is perfectly what I had imagined. I love light and open kitchens with great appliances and lots of counterspace.

Our kitchen: BEFORE

Our kitchen: AFTER

It’s a work in progress, I still need to find the perfect lightings and a few appliances, I’m not in a hurry as I want to cherish every moment spent in this room…
I’m looking forward to share my passion with my kids. I want it to be a real quality time with them, which will give them memories for a lifetime.
I can’t wait to gather all my friends and family into our new home. Yes it really feels like home now… 
Soon I’ll be posting beautiful pictures of the wonderful meals I intend to prepare… My scale will probably not agree with me but hell, we only leave once so I might as well enjoy my time spend on earth J CARPE DIEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment