Pages


Thursday, February 3, 2011

10 things I have learned about parenting…

1. Poop, burp, and fart jokes are always crowd pleaser.
2. Kids lie but not about the good stuff: basically, they will lie about brushing their teeth but will tell you the truth about:
a) your looks
b) your cooking skills
c) your driving (story about that will come later).
3. Put enough mayo or ketchup on it and kids will eat almost anything.
4. It is both a blessing and a curse when you discover which traits your child inherited from you. Obviously the good ones come from mom, and for the rest: blame other half!
5. I am somehow more patient now than I was before I became a mom. However, sleep depriviation will still drive me crazy or crazier…
6. Kids tend to say whatever is on their mind… THE MOMENT IT ENTERS THEIR BRAINS!
I can always rely on them to tell someone about their bad behavior before I have to :o)
7. The days are long but the years go by too fast. I’m proud of these 2 little people leaving in my house. They are really developing their own personalities, and before I know it, I will realize that they won’t want me around all the time…
8. You realize you are saying things you never thought you would say one day: "Arthur don’t use my fake boobs as flying saucers!!!"
9. Last but not least: My love for Arthur and Morgane keeps on growing by the second…
I was inspired by what my Pastor said one day:
Love is not a feeling, it is an action. If you promise yourself that you will  ALWAYS ACT lovingly towards  your spouse and children, it will make everything much easier… I may not "like them" at times, but I have decided to love them no matter what…
10. Keeping this one for the future – you know when the kids and I will have "The Talk"?
Only answer the question they are asking, don’t say anything more!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment