Pages


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I have been really proud of Arthur lately…

Sigh…I looked at my 5 year old son this morning and couldn’t believe how big he suddenly was. It was like he sprouted up a few inches overnight. He was only 2 kg 900 gr when he was born, and that baby…that little, teeny, tiny baby who could fit in the palm of his father’s hand…well, he could NOT be the same child I see before me now. It’s like this new kid just gobbled up the other one.
Today before I sent him off to school, I gave him an extra hug and kiss. What more can I do really? I can’t hold on to him forever, though there are days I wish I could. There are times I wish I could hold that little two kilos  baby in my arms…. I want to yell at him, "Stop growing!"
Morgane knows how lucky she is to have a big brother who is happy to play with her, read with her, or simply cuddle up in his bed for a bedtime story. She is growing up with a “ready-made” best friend and it shows in her confidence and love of life…
There is so much joy in watching him mature. He is smart, funny, extremely kind and generous, a wonderful big brother and friend. There’s no doubt that life won’t always be a breeze with him. We know we have battles ahead. So somehow, someway, I have to find time to enjoy him while he’s young.

No comments:

Post a Comment