Pages


Monday, February 28, 2011

Breath in and breath out....

Rise and shine! I feel perky and so rested. I got out of bed and made myself a cup of Nespresso. The kids slept peacefully as I hop in the shower, shave my legs, and moisturize my hair while I listening to the radio. I am so on top of current events! I apply my makeup and other half brings in a breakfast tray with buttered toast and fresh squeezed orange juice. As I slip into a wrinkle free "size 0" black pantsuit I found for 75 percent off at Zara, the kids come running in and hug me. Morgane’s hair tangle free, their eyes bright and bearing no eye boogers. Arthur has not only dressed himself, but has changed his sister’s diaper and gone so far as to color coordinate their outfits! They eat a nutritiously balanced breakfast at the dining table with other half while I watch the morning news because I have 15 minutes to spare. We pile into my clean and crumb free car and are merrily on our way to school. There is no traffic, the sun shines brightly, and I arrive at work five minutes early.

Reality? Wake up 15 minutes late because I forgot to set the alarm clock. Curse myself for oversleeping. Other half is snoring . Try to brush my teeth while sorting out the dirty laundry that needs to be taken care of, and my three-year-old comes bounding in professing her hunger. Hand her cereal straight from the box and set her butt in front of the Cartoon Channel.. Apply makeup in record time and put on an old black pants and brown wrinkled blouse (what’s that unidentified dried substance on the front?) Realize that I am seriously running late and therefore will have the cup of coffee at the office. Wrestle with the three-year-old as she giggles maniacally and runs through the house. Get both kids loaded into the car and dropped off at school. Make it half way to the office and realize I left the lunch I had packed the night before in the refrigerator.

Get stuck behind a blonde hair driving 15 kilometers below the speed limit. Arrive at office 20 minutes late and hope no one notices. Decide to take the stairs (for once!) and run into the President of the company. Make a stupid joke about "those darn kids". Grab a cup of fresh coffee in the break room and chat briefly with a co-worker who tells me I have lipstick on my teeth. Settle in at my desk to rest my brain for a good hour while pretending to intently check e-mail and voice mail. Find solace in the fact that it’s the other half’s day to pick the kids up from school and I have a surplus of frozen fish sticks in the fridge.

Mmmmm... This is the beginning of a beautiful week! Yup, It's coming! I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment