Pages


Friday, February 25, 2011

Working Girl… Hum, Hum…AMAGAD!!!!

So a very good friend of mine just discovered my blog and he sent me the definition of a "Working Girl" that can also be found on Wikipedia:

  1. (uncommon) A young woman who works.
  2. (idiomatic, euphemism) A prostitute.


Euphemistic term for a prostitute, often preferred by the sex workers themselves.
She: I don't like being called a whore or a prostitute.
He: How would you describe yourself then?
She: I'm a working girl.

Now I understand why he asked if I had changed profession while he was absent!!! I am so embarrassed but at the same time I found it hilarious! No wonder I had so many readers to my blog!

OK for my excuse, English is not my mother tongue!!! I have been raised in 3 languages: Tagalog, French AND English!

So I’ll have to change my profile or maybe I’ll leave as it is, traffic is still traffic right? J

No comments:

Post a Comment