Pages


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It takes a village and a lot of Love..

So today, I was chatting with my friend Tegan.
Tegan is an artist but she is also a stay-at-home mom to 2 adorable kids.  She has been my friend for 9 years. We laughed, cried, and went crazy together… She marveled that I could manage working, parenting, marriage and exercising… She asked me if I was happy and proud about my life… With no hesitation I said yes… She also confessed that she sometimes envy me…
But the truth is, I don’t really do it alone, and I definitely don’t have it together! If anyone could see my house right now, I guarantee that this person would think WW III just happened in it. My saving grace is having a wonderful other half and a "super mania"c cleaning lady that comes every Thursday! So if you want to come over, come tomorrow :o) I have no clue how to do it all, I just try to do my best…
In fact other half thinks that I try to hard sometimes that I should lay back and relax… Basically I like my house clean and my kids bacterial free :o) So every evening I’ll try to prepare the kids’ backpack and clothes for school the next day, I also do the dishes even if it’s late because I just hate waking and entering a kitchen where I can’t even find a clean spoon etc.
But I also have grandparents who will babysit at moment’s notice to give other half and I some "us" time…  I have a dear brother that listen to my meltdowns (and believe me, it happens quiet often), I have friends that will just call and offer help when I least expect it...
So behind this seemingly well-running family on the surface, there are family and friends behind helping us keep afloat.
Tegan on the other hand is doing it almost all by herself…  She is wonderful with her children and I can honestly say that not even once have I heard her raise her voice against her kids. But don’t be fooled by this! She can be fierce when it’s about defending the ones that she loves the most. She is brave, loving, caring, and perseverant… She is a stay-at-home mom, but for me she has the best job in the world! She never gets a raise for this and often, does not get the recognition she deserves, so I believe that she is the one that should be admired…

No comments:

Post a Comment